Squash is a delicious addition to any meal - especially when it is cooked correctly. Not only is it scrumptious but it is healthy. Its benefits include:
Squash is a delicious addition to any meal - especially when it is cooked correctly. Not only is it scrumptious but it is healthy. Its benefits include: improving the quality of your sight, boosting skin health, strengthening the immune system, cancer prevention, and many more...
Cheesy Squash and Zucchini Casserole
Cooking Time: 1 hour | Calories: 278 | Servings: 8
• 1 lb. Meyer Farms Squash, Sliced
• 1 lb. Meyer Farms Zucchini
• 1/2 Onion, Diced
• 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• 1/2 cup Biscuit Baking Mix
• 1/2 cup Butter
• 2 Meyer Farm Eggs
• 1 tablespoon Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 10 Saltine Crackers
• 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F
2. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil. Add yellow squash, zucchini, and onion; bring back to a boil, and cook vegetables until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
3. Mix Cheddar cheese, baking mix, butter, eggs, sugar, and salt with the cooked vegetables using a large spoon; stir until butter has melted and baking mix has dissolved. Fold crushed crackers into the mixture until the liquid has been absorbed. Pour mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish; top with bread crumbs.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned and cheese is melted, 30 minutes.
5. Let cool and enjoy!
6. Share a picture of your creation on our Facebook page!